Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tomb-Sweeping (Valentine in 1996)


Hope everybody could stay close to their loves, just like those birds in the sky, as the picture has shown. Thank you for every moment to be with you.. i dont really know you but i felt your love in the family, you're still in my heart.. a person who i seldom mentioned in my life after that... 

The valentine's celebration was called off in 1996 for those couples in my family because my grandmother went out of this world, sadly. The day has really filled with grievous cries and sorrow including myself instead of sweet love feel and romance. I'm not really sure if i was that sad because of this as i was only in primary three at that point of time, but the thing that i'm very sure is that my tear fallen off when i was woken up and told about this bad news. She was my first person left me in my life, as a child at that time, i was not really aware the preciousness of the bond of love. 13 years later, as of today, i could not imagine how pain it was if somebody left me in my life again, which i strongly do not hope so, espacially to my parents. What i can do now are to treat them well with all my heart and pray for them stilly. I have attended the tomb-sweeping day for 13 times without fail, but what's the real purpose behind all these? Do we really just want to keep the tomb clean? Then why only once a year? Why don't we do it monthly? weekly? or the best is of course daily. To me, it means different to me, or maybe it is the same to others, i dont know. It has got nothing to do with the phrase that we have in chinese, be thankful to the source of the water when we drink, if it really does (be thankful to the love given by the person before he or she left), then we have to clean the tomb, says weekly, to be reasonable. But it is not, in fact. The purpose of having such festival is to bring all the family members togather, and ultimately, strengthen the bond of love between people. It is simple, isnt it? So, apprecaite those people around you, families, friends, colleagues.. pets. Gratitude, thankfulness and appreciation should have existed in between shouder... Thanks to everyone in my life - my parents, love, mentors, friends...

p/s: The picture in this posting was taken on my way home from tomb sweeping day. 

1 comment:

Jun Hean said...

其实, 我发现清明节这个日子开始渐渐的被一些现代人遗忘了, 这是非常遗憾的, 我们还能维持着中华文化实在很不错了....